Sunday, October 21, 2007

Missing UT

Heya all! Well I am sure Boney already told you all that my computer died. *cry
I have another pc at home which I am on right now however, it is not strong enough to run Entropia. I am building a new pc as we speak though, I have already gotten the motherboard and cpu in mail. And this week I ordered power supply, ram, harddrive, and dvd drive. I only lack vidcard monitor and case. I want my new computer to be portable however I will never buy another laptop, pieces of trash. I searched everywhere online for a replacement motherboard for my laptop and of course, they are nowhere to be found.....Which they do on purpose becouse if they sold replacement parts like that people would just fix their busted laptops instead of buying new ones!

Here is what I got so far =)

Motherboard

CPU

Ram

Harddrive

PowerSupply

DVD

And here is the vidcard I will buy next.

VidCard

I want it to be portable so I was thinking of putting it all inside a metal briefcase. Plus then a flat lcd monitor would also fit inside the case.

If I decide to just put it in a tower I will get a

Cube Case

And put it and monitor inside a backpack or something. I havent decided completely yet on what I will do.

Well I have been missing you guys and missing Entropia! I just thought I would give you guys an update on me.

Hopefully I will see you all again soon!

MissEviL

8 comments:

Caramon said...

Hi,

We sure miss you!
Hope you get that (really nice) computer in place and can join us soon again.

/Caramon

Vince VinzZ Zyon said...

Hello Stellar,

VinzZ does hope you get back in pretty fast. He is missing a person out there ;)

See ya,
VinzZ

Vince VinzZ Zyon said...

Hey, I see you are bying a nVidia 8800... Wonder if powerconsumption won't be too high and that the airflow will take care of the heat (in that cube). If I was you I would try order a silent (passive cooled, no fan) vidcard. nVidia 8600 GT (or GTS) is great for this and runs EU like a charm.
Just my thinking...

Crea said...

Hi,

Real nice configuration for your new PC. My compliments.

Must be real fun to enter entropia equipped like this.

Hope to see you soon,

Crea

Vince VinzZ Zyon said...

Just watched all of your configuration. WOW, this will be a monster machine... This will run all games at EASE! Amazing config :)

Teshik said...

Hey Stellar

Its great that you will be back with us soon but i dont know about the cube case. If you get a mini tower i have seen some nice carry cases for them mainly used for lan parties, with a side pouch for 15 inch flat screen. I will try to find a link for the web sits

see you ingame soon

Tesh

MissEviL said...

Heya guys! I had a long week this week at work =( I got my vidcard ordered, all I need now is a case!
Teshik I would like to see the cases your talking about. The cube isn't going to work =( I have been reading up on it and, if I ever decide to get a second 8800 vidcard to run SLI the sli bridge wont fit inside cube.

Well next week I have to pay bills but the following week I should be done with PC =) See you all soon!
<3
Stellar

Teshik said...

i cant find the bag with built in monitor storage but this site has a separate one i will keep looking for the others i have seen

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/Carrying_Kits2.html

Tesh