Thursday, September 21, 2006

Arm-"Twist"ing

Hello, humans and others! It's going to be a small post this time -- I'm still tired from the long hunt with Quentin and Alu from Atlas Island N. to Argus. If anyone notices that the area is very short of mobs and filthy with laser burns and BLP casings, that was us. It was a great hunt -- no globals, but we definitely showed most of the creatures who's boss. (There was a bunch of 'troxes -- a troxtet -- that jumped us, but otherwise we rocked)

As to the joys of things other than hunting, I have dabbled in finding the best BLP weapons to skill in that don't cost an arm and a leg (the 'trox took those). While the Maddox I is nice, can be made with a lvl. I blueprint and some patience, relatively inexpensive, and sturdy, it burns 4 for 16 pts. of damage. The FreanD Beta BLP burns 4 for 24 pts. of damage, but isn't as sturdy -- as i found out at the end of yesterday's hunt when i had to switch back to the Maddox. The one thing this taught me is that I know very little about what BLP weapons are good and which ones are...less desireable. Since I plan on using BLP weapons more and more against drones, etc. for the damage benefit, I would appreciate knowing where I should put my PED. Any info is appreciated.

Also, if anyone wants to go on a drone-bashing hunt, let me know. I'm not sure I'm ready to go alone, and I'd want a skilled medic around for when a Gen. 5 decides it wants to terminate me. Perhaps a big hunt would be best. After seeing a Warrior gen. 5, I think about a battalion of soc members would be good...

Quik note: As buggy as the new patch is, there's one ebnefit I noticed -- I can jump from a high spot and not start blinking about in mid-fall. At the request of a female I know, I took a running leap off the highest point of the New Oxford Center for Fine Arts, and it was one clean plummet. Smooth, graceful, and 9 stories of uninterrupted and damage-free descent. If only I could've done that a few times in college...

Last note: I was chatting with a feffoid the other day, and it explained why those things are so mean -- they're lonely. Even when they're in groups, there's little social activity. So, in my effort to bring peace to the continent, I am posting a personal on behalf of this poor, sad feffoid (if I don't do this, it's going to eat me):

Single White Feffoid seeking happy-go-lucky Maffoid. Must be good role model (no Outcasts), be very fat and have own loot. The ability to do that flying kick thing is definitely a plus. Must enjoy quiet walks through PvP zones, mutations, trading with humans and eating anything that moves. I know you're out there...let's make some sparks. -- Fun-loving Feff

Curly Twist Bender

No comments: