Monday, August 14, 2006

The Global "Twist"

Once, I asked the question -- "What does it take to make something 'global'?" I think the answer is captured in one little phrase -- 50 PED. If you find 50 PED lying around, or build something worth at least 50 PED, or kill some mob with 50 PED in its pocket, you get the Global. Which leads to the next point.

I earned my latest global (third in my career) last night, and now have one for killing something, one for mining something and one for crafting something. The kill was an Armax Cow (Mature), the mining was a 73 PED belkar stone, and as of last night, the crafted item was...a shirt! (a shirt?)

Yes, a shirt. A basic pattern, male shirt. A 7 PED shirt that went global because I also made...get this...7,557 units of tailoring remnants. But for now, it's my grey global shirt, and you're all welcome to see it for the next few days. Just stop over and chat with me, and I'll model the global shirt for anyone in the society. I would model the tailoring remnants, but they weighed over 75 kg. I could barely move last night, so I struggled to the TT and sold them...a tailor's got to eat, right?

No comments: