Monday, August 28, 2006

A New "Twist"

I was out for a run the other day, trying to escape the Umbranoid hordes until I found some ammo. By following me, these many umbra had formed a nice line leading all down my screen. It made me think that observers must have thought that a dance line of umbras roaming across the plain was amusing...even funny. Then another thought hit me...what if a bunch of soc members did that? (not getting chased by umbras, but the line thing)

If the top three or four ranks of the soc got together at the same time and place, and each one selected "follow" on the person infront, then the lead person -- Lucky Bill I assume -- could walk or run somewhere and an entire soc line would follow, snaking its way to whereever. It may not sound like much at first, but how much attention do you think The Hunters Klan would get if we formed this big line of people and marched into...Twin Peaks or some place popular....and roped off the TP for a minute. Surrounded it entirely. Blocked it off. I think it would be hilarious -- like a university prank -- and it would attract some positive attention to our soc. Who knows -- we might even get some people to join us. But In short, it would be hilarious. And I am always in favor of hilarious.

Another thing -- our soc needs a town. Not as in some land in Ametherea (which we also need), but an actual town. I think it might be a good idea for all of us to agree on one town that we all would call home. Jason Center comes to mind (that's where I was first recruited) but anywhere is doable. After all, PA is laggy, Camp Phoenix is very chaotic, and Twin Peaks has too many ubers to feel like its ours. Camping out in one particular place, however, could give us a nice area to assiciate, deal, and know where we could meet each other.

Don't get me wrong -- I always go to PA to sell odd items or look for arbitrage deals. But when it comes to having one place to return to and meet my people, I don't know where that place is. It would be nice to have a place to call home. Maybe Hadesheim C? Or a place by the beach? Corinth anybody?

As you can tell, I had a lot of time to think while being chased by Umbranoids. I need to start hunting things that can just chase me down and kill me once I'm out of ammo. Maybe I'll look for a taraneatrox or two...I hear that they're fast.

Curly "Twist" Bender

3 comments:

Vince VinzZ Zyon said...

I agree that we need a town to settle. So whenever someone is crafting, tailoring, refining his materials to put in storage we should take THAT particular city. Maybe even for our sweaters!

I also think that the city should be abbandoned a bit. If people arrive they will see our soc name, and remember it.

I think of one of the tps at Hades or Minopolis where everything is so close together (but i dont know if there is an auctioneer)...

Caramon said...

Good idea with a default meeting place.

My vote is for Fort Argus. I do all my crafting there and always log out there.

It got all services close by, nice hunting, not too crowded and a bit tricky to get to, giving beginners a good challenge.

It seems we all have different favourites places?

Vince VinzZ Zyon said...

Fort Argus is fine for me. We should upgrade Argus to our capital if all members agree.