Thursday, October 26, 2006

Big Bags of Loot! (any volunteers?)

Hello soc members and random blog-readers!

The other day, I spent some time hunting anything I could get a hide from, and after about 20 PED worth of ammo, the single-best loot I found was a patch of 65 caroots lying next to a dead Merp (I sold them for 1 PED even -- the Merp had nothing). Is this fair? Is this justice? Is this just me? I think not -- and those who have hunted with me in the past have seen that there are loots out there worth more than a PED!

This entry has very little to do with whining about bad loots, and more to do with asking the soc about their experiences with mobs and how much they pay off. I want to hear from all the soc members about what they each think are good paying mobs. Argos have iron, which as loot is a nice day of work at the office, and they have hides. Robots have gazz and erdo, and occasionally a robot part. But how often do they drop these things and some valuable PEDs? And what mobs (and where) are the most profitable? Yes, I like hunting pluma for the hides, but not when they drop 5 pec after I put 35 pec worth of ammo into them. Argo iron is nice too, but when only 1 in 5 of them has even one stone and the other 4 claim poverty, I end up losing out.

Of course I will contribute my recommendations, and I hope everyone else will offer their 2 pecs as well. Allophyl by the river next to Tethys Creek seem to be a nice source of valuable fine wool as well as a few coins, and they're not real shy about dropping it. The allo that occasionally wander into the swamps outside PA aren't as generous, so I usually let them be. The Merps and Snarks N of Echidna are mature enough to carry good loot too, and there are Providers and Guardians to make things more fun. Usually, if I'm desperate for money I go there with an axe and a gun and do what comes naturally. And if snablesnots are your preference, some big snables are outside Argus that have great loots and good, fresh-squeezed hair gel (yick!).

The examples I offer are mostly low-level mobs, and as anyone who has read my past commentaries might have figured out (see article on shooting birds), I still have trouble with the bigger beasts out there. But some of the soc members are much better -- Beni, I'm thinking of people like you -- and some have really studied the topic -- read Quintin's Guide to Argo Loot -- and know a thing or two. So, since we are "United Talents", let's unite our talents and knowledge and see if we can make for some more profitable hunting.

I gotta go -- I'm getting ready for some revenge on an Armax that was taunting me yesterday.

Curly Twist Bender

2 comments:

Quitin Psycho Sirius said...

Well this is quite a challenge you face us with here dear friend Twist! I will give some thoughts now and perhaps more when I'm not tired anymore:)
The lowlevel mobs south of Fort Argus totally ROCK as any 2k ammo run on them has left me with profit the last 3 weeks (since I started skilling handgun). The argos at Twin Peaks are a bad idea, too many people hunting them so loot is meager there. Try them on Amathera in the west near the new snowy island instead. Also the combibos, atroxes, bots and caudatergus SW of Fort Ithica have been helping me compensate for the losses of probing other sites of creatures. As an absolute worst idea I vote for the Foul NW of Fort Troy, they s**k mo*******ls!!! (pardon my French;)

Sincerely yours,
Quentin

Vince VinzZ Zyon said...

Psycho, you should change your name to "Profit man" or so... It is amazing that you profit all the time and have a stack of esi chips :)